The products provided by OLIF Trading Ltd come with different manufacturer’s warranties depending on the manufacturer of the product purchased. Please find below details of the different manufacturer’s warranties for products sold by OLIF Trading Ltd:
APPLICABLE TO ALVEUS MIXER TAPS:
The guarantee period for taps and tap parts is valid for 5 years.
The guarantee period for colour finish on colour-coated taps is valid for 2 years.
Taps are covered by manufacturers guarantee for faultless operation within the guarantee period relevant for that particular product as detailed above, starting on the day of your purchase from a retailer. The guarantee covers any manufacturing or material defects (replacement parts only, excluding labour and/or indirect costs) and applies to taps installed according to installation instructions, used as recommended and under normal residential conditions, and cleaned as per cleaning instructions (including using appropriate cleaning materials).
Mechanical damages, scratches, scale, damage caused by you (including cleaning outside of instructions) and normal wear of parts are excluded from the guarantee.
Taps should be installed by a qualified or professional person. Any improper installation, unauthorised repair, damage caused by you or your appointed installer or alteration will invalidate the tap guarantee. Prior to tap installation, all water pipes need to be thoroughly washed out. In order to avoid any mechanical damages caused by dirt and rough particles within water supply system, the tap should be connected through an angular filter valve.
APPLICABLE TO ALVEUS KITCHEN SINKS:
The guarantee period for Kitchen sinks is valid for 5 years.
Kitchen sinks are covered by manufacturers guarantee for any manufacturing or material defects (replacement parts only, excluding labour and/or indirect costs). Guarantee applies to sinks installed according to installation instructions, used as recommended and in normal residential conditions, and cleaned as per cleaning instructions (including using appropriate cleaning materials). The guarantee is valid only with a fully completed warranty card and with sales receipt containing date and place of purchase.
The guarantee does not cover misuse, accidental damages, improper installation, unauthorised repair or alteration, abnormal usage, negligence or damage caused by improper maintenance or cleaning. Mechanical damage, damage caused by you or your appointed installer, scratches, scale and normal wear of parts are excluded from the guarantee.
APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS SHOWN IN SCHEDULE 3:
Warranty Duration and Cover
Products are guaranteed to cover manufacturing defects for 5 years from the date of purchase from the retailer, under the following conditions:
- Warranty on mechanical parts is valid provided that the plumbing installation is fitted with adequate water filters and pressure regulation devices in order to avoid malfunctioning in case of pressure shocks;
- Recommended pressure is between 1 and 5 bars; and
- Warranty on surface finish is valid for 2 years provided that the product has been regularly cleaned and maintained, in accordance with applicable cleaning instructions (as detailed below in Point 3 of Correct Use and Maintenance Instructions).
Due to the impracticality of the manufacturer examining the original plumbing installation, any compensation sought by you relating to direct or indirect damage, caused by Schedule 3 products, will not be valid.
- This product guarantee must be kept together with invoice or any other proof of purchase.
- The warranty claim together with the adequate paperwork must be processed through any of our retailers.
Correct Use and Maintenance Instructions
- Before starting the installation of our products, we suggest to flush hot and cold water supply pipes in order to prevent any damage that may be caused by impurities to Schedule 3 products.
- The products which are installed but not used for long periods of time, may deteriorate in both function and finish.
- The surface finish should be cleaned with soap diluted in water; the product should be dried with soft cloth in order to prevent limescale deposits.
- Limescale deposit or other impurities in filters of flow guides are to be removed monthly either by using the appropriate products or by immersing in vinegar solutions (80/20) for half a day.
- The use of substances or instruments containing abrasive or acidic agents will irreversibly damage the surface finish of the product.
APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS SHOWN IN SCHEDULE 4:
Warranty Duration and Cover
Schedule 4 products are guaranteed for 5 years from the date of purchase, with the following exceptions and restrictions:
- Thermostatic mixer valves are guaranteed for 2 years.
- Electronic taps are guaranteed for 2 years.
- The guarantee covers damage derived from production defects only.
- The product colour finish is guaranteed for 2 years.
The guarantee covers only the replacement of the defective part. For all cases in which said guarantee shall be considered valid, We reserve the right to inspect any defective parts before replacement; said parts must be shipped back to the factory carriage paid.
The guarantee will not be applied in the following cases:
- Improper storage of Schedule 4 products prior to installation.
- Tampering by you, your appointed installer or any other third party.
- Incorrect assembly or any assembly failing to comply with instructions supplied by Us
- Any use of Schedule 4 products other than for the express use for which such products have been sold.
- Operating pressures exceeding those recommended by European Norms (max 0.5 MPa= 5 bar).
- Presence of foreign matter in water.
- Product exposure to excessive (+80C°) or insufficient (-0 C°) temperatures.
- Work site negligence.
- Components exposed to abnormal wear.
The guarantee will be considered null and void whenever the following manufacturer recommendations are not observed:
- Carrying out meticulous system drainage before mounting valves in order to eliminate any impurities in the water.
- Installation and proper maintenance of centralised filter.
- Installation of a pressure regulator for whenever water operating pressure exceeds 5 kg/cm².
- Thermostatic mixer valve hot water input temperature shall not exceed 55C° ≤ T ≤ 65C° as prescribed by UNI norms.
- Corrosive acids or abrasive materials should never be used to clean chrome or other tap finishes, especially if they contain hydrogen chloride and acetic substances. Special coatings must be cleaned and dried regularly, ideally once a day, with water only and soft cloth, failure to do so may result in discoloration.
Please have your dealer or installer stamp, date and sign your servicing document and please store it until the product guarantee has expired.